WordPress is open source software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, or app.
This integration allows you to add the subscribers from your WordPress page directly to your Smaily account.
1. Installing the plugin
To install Smaily plugin, go to "Plugins" ➝ "Add new" and then type in the search box "Smaily". Choose Smaily for WordPress plugin and click on the button "Install now". Once installation has finished, make sure you activate plugin from the Plugins list.
2. Configuring the plugin
Go to Smaily plugin by clicking from the menu on "Smaily" (1). Insert Smaily subdomain (2), API user (3), API password (4) and then click on the button "Check". You can create API user in Smaily under "Preferences" ➝ "Integrations" (read more here: Create API user).
Basic or Advanced settings
Choose basic settings if you wish to use Smaily default signup form, which includes only email and name fields. With Advanced settings you can add your own subscription form or modify the default signup form, e.g add additional fields.
To add your own signup form, click on "Advanced" (1) and paste the HTML in the text box. To add custom fields, click on "Advanced" (1) ➝ "Regenerate" (2) and then add your desired fields; e.g. from_web, language, etc. When all is done, click "Save changes" (3).
Autoresponder is for sending out confirmation letters to subscribers. Autoresponder is not required.
Create an automation workflow in Smaily with form submitted trigger to send a confirmation letter every time a customer subscribes. In WordPress click on the Autoresponder drop-down menu (1) and choose an automation you have made in Smaily. The drop-down menu shows only automations that were created with form submitted trigger.
Create an automation workflow in Smaily with opt-in trigger to send a confirmation letter one time only on the first optin. In this case leave the Autoresponder drop-down menu (1) choice in WordPress empty. Important! All active automations that use opt-in trigger in Smaily will be activated.
Don't create any automation workflows in Smaily, if you don't want to send a confirmation letter to subscribers. Also, leave the Autoresponder drop-down menu (1) choice in WordPress empty. Make sure that you don't have any active opt-in triggered automations in Smaily!
Read more: how to create automation workflows.
To add Smaily Widget into your page, go to "Appearance" ➝ "Widgets" (1). Find Sendsmaily newsletter subscription form from the available widget list and click on it. To open the Widget settings click on "Add Widget" button. There you have an option to write a title and add a name field. Don't forget to save it!
- Navigate to a Pages section and select a page to edit for adding newsletter form with shortcode.
- Add a [smaily_for_wp_newsletter_form] shortcode to a preferred location.
- You can choose a page to return in case of successful subscription by providing success_url attribute to the shortcode. [smaily_for_wp_newsletter_form success_url="http://www.example.com/?page_id=2"]
- You can also choose a page to return in case of error by providing failure_url attribute to the shortcode. [smaily_for_wp_newsletter_form failure_url="http://www.example.com/?page_id=2"]
- Default return path for both is the site`s home url.
- You can add the name field to the form by providing show_name attribute to the shortcode. [smaily_for_wp_newsletter_form show_name="true"]